Romantic 2-night Venice city break with a gondola ride from $199pp
With Valentine's Day just around the corner, how about snapping up a 2-night break in one of most beautiful cities on earth? Yep, I'm talking about Venice. This deal from Secret Escapes will see you staying at the Hotel Carlton, situated right on the Grand Canal. Breakfast is included each morning, plus a dining discount, Venice Casino access and optional Carnival Party tickets
- Two nights in a Patio-Garden Double room
- Breakfast included
- €10 voucher for the a la carte menu at the hotel restaurant
- One-way trip to Murano Island including a visit to the Glass Factory
- Shared gondola ride
- Tickets to a Carnival of Venice masquerade party (see 'Offer details')
- Flights are included from your selected departure airport to Venice
- One piece of hand luggage allowance per person included (see airline terms and conditions)
- Hold luggage is not included, but for most airlines can be added when choosing your flight
- Airport transfers not included
- This holiday is supplied by Secret Escapes and is ATOL protected (ATOL 11257)
Travel at the £179 rate is available throughout February, although there is no availability for Valentine's day itself. Expect to pay from £229 in March and April, £289 in May and £269 in June.
Sumptuous 1700s Venetian style continues on throughout the rooms where Patio-Garden Double rooms give you plenty of space to relax, opening directly onto a green courtyard.
La Cupola's menu offers an elegant and simple take on Venetian, Italian and international dishes, served with perfect wine pairings. Top of the Carlton Sky Lounge & Restaurant is the place to enjoy stunning city views over dinner or drinks. Choose from a menu of light Venetian and Mediterranean classics. Carlton Café serves great coffee, homemade cakes and biscuits, ice cream, salads, cocktails and aperitifs.
Please note that Top of the Carlton Sky Lounge is closed during the winter months, and usually opens from May to September (good weather permitting).
With a Vaporetto (water taxi) stop and the Santa Lucia train station within striking distance, it would be a challenge to find a better base for navigating the city's labyrinthine narrow streets and ebbing waterways. Whether you choose to go on foot, by gondola or water taxi, it is quick and easy to get to Rialto, St Mark’s Square, the Lido and the islands of Murano, Burano and Torcello.
Important: Prices are correct at the time of publishing, however they are subject to change at any time depending on availability. Some promotional prices will be strictly limited by tour operators or airlines. Special terms and conditions may apply.